Oct 31, 2010

Halloween #1: check

Rrrrooooooaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr. What a vicious lion! First thing this morning (well, after I made Alexander let me sleep in an extra hour) we put on Eli's Halloween costume! He makes a good lion, don't you think?! Although it was chilly outside, the house was nice and toasty, so, we did not leave it on all day.


Just now, Alexander said to me, "we didn't drive the cars today... or spend any money... wow". Seriously, wow. We spent all day at home. I do recall Alexander saying earlier that he 'didn't do anything today', but, sometimes, that is just fine. Instead, we enjoyed the clouds... and Bingo, our big Aussie... well, he found another pumpkin.


Friday night I was sitting on the porch waiting for Alexander to get home and here Bingo came, barreling around the corner of the deck with a pumpkin in his mouth! Pretty sure he had mistaken it for his mini basketball, I took it from him and placed in inside where I knew he would not find it again... he didn't care... he found another one.


Alexander called me outside this morning and said, look, Bingo found a hiding spot. He had 'buried' this new pumpkin by the gate. We decided to succumb to his wishes to play with it and joined in the excitement. Bingo is a special dog.


Well, the rest of the afternoon was spent lounging, eating hummus and crackers...


we even watched a movie I found lodged between my nightstand and bed-- "Up in the Air". We enjoyed it for many reasons... especially because we no longer have it lingering in the back of our minds that we have a movie lost somewhere and fear the price we must have to pay for it! We've been looking for it for two months-- geez!


I end this with my baby. He took two naps today-- one on my chest, and one on Alexander's. Oh, I love him. Alexander said this is Eli at his best-- HA! We could eat him up, we love him so.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment