This year we traveled to Winner, South Dakota to see Alexander's grandparents, aunts and uncles. We had an absolute wonderful time-- I will rave about it for weeks! Eli is so lucky to have such a big family to love and surround him-- how lucky we all are he has his great grandparents around-- and they truly are great. Bare with me through all the pictures...



Eli got to meet his great grandpa Herman...

Here Eli is thinking, 'Great Aunt Cheryl... my mama wouldn't think this would be too good for me, yet...
but, mmmmmm, that looks good!!!'

Here are Great Grandparents Herman and Aileen Hosek! I think they liked Eli...
Eli got to meet his great grandpa Herman...
Here Eli is thinking, 'Great Aunt Cheryl... my mama wouldn't think this would be too good for me, yet...
Here are Great Grandparents Herman and Aileen Hosek! I think they liked Eli...
We got to hang out with Great Aunt Diane, Great Uncle Victor, and second cousin (am I right) Chris! We talked farm and I am totally jealous they have 3800 acres to play with. Well, I call it play, for them, it is work.
Great Uncle Duane was sick all week, but one day he said he was feeling better enough to get some baby time... your 4 by 6's are on the way! I could not pick a picture, so had to post two!
And then there is Great Aunt Cheryl... she is the funniest. She told us she wanted to see Eli first, and most importantly, then our dogs-- Alexander and I were last on the list! Next time I will get a picture of her with the dogs! They love her as much as she loves them! She was really good with Eli, too-- he gave her many smiles, such affirmation!
I couldn't resist this one of Great Aunt Diane and Eli! We had a great time! Did I mention Diane is the best back rubber EVER?!?! Maybe we should move to SD and I will pay you for them!
And then there is Aileen-- Great Grandma Aileen... without her hospitality, this all would not have been so perfect! Oh, and the hopscotch crunchies-- the recipe I will cherish forever, for it's simplicity and utter yumminess!!!! Her and I had a ball. I felt like a Hosek this weekend. Now I see where all that love comes from! Thank you, Aileen, for the food, the comfort, and, mostly, the conversation. I loved it. You are one hell of a woman and I feel honored you shared part of you with me. I will treasure those moments forever!
To finish, here are some awesome pictures of Eli and Alexander... I cannot wait for the future, but am happy in the now. I am thankful-- for so much. Thankful.
Cheers!
Great pictures Laura....looks like you had a wonderful time! We just love going back to Winner...glad you did too! Love, Aunt Darla
ReplyDelete