Dec 9, 2010

Pause...

I can't tell you how many times I am driving along the farmer's turnpike and see something I want to capture through film. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to pull over and snap a quick shot. I can't tell you how many times I have not had my camera with me. I also can't tell you how many times I have had my camera with me and didn't take the time to pause. I do not want to live with regret.
Today, I was driving home from a quick (it can happen now the bridge is open) shopping trip in town, and my eye caught this white horse. Eli has just stopped his 'I dont' wanna be in the car seat' crying fit, so I kept driving. Then, I paused. I thought to myself as I drove past and forward, 'why don't I stop, why do I do this to myself... I'm missing something'. So, in the middle of the highway, on a hilly road for that matter, I pulled a U-ie. And I stopped.
Aside from the Goonies, my favorite movie growing up was Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. You should see it if you haven't, then you may understand my yearn for a white horse named Lightning...
This horse was just hanging out, waiting for me to come back to capture his beauty. He seemed like he wanted me to pet him, but I was too afraid-- I didn't know him, and I couldn't rely on Senora Webster's methods, as I have never attempted them in person. So I just took his picture.
He was a beautiful horse. And I thank him. He made me pause, and stop.



And Eli slept through the entire thing. So it all worked out.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment